|Chakiva Felder of Spoiled Diva|
This week's So Stylish Spotlight is CL Felder of Spoiled Diva located in Atlanta, GA. Chakiva is very near and dear to my heart. She was my one and only vendor at my very first Swapnista event. Although we had a very small attendance and did not generate any profit, she reminded me that the seeds I've sown will manifest into something bigger and better. Those encouraging words and optimism kept me going strong. She is the epitome of a business savvy woman. Her one of kind handbags and accessories will bring out the Spoiled Diva inside of you.
Here's our interview:
(1) Tell us about CL Felder. Originally from Kansas City MO. I've always had a "thing" for fashion and always knew I wanted to design. I studied fashion design and marketing and after graduating, I moved to New England for my first "real" design job. I started out working for a company that designed and manufactured sleepwear for major retailers. I was responsible for technical and creative design / fit approval for the Victoria's Secret Stores, Lane Bryant and Fredrick's of Hollywood accounts. After a few years I moved on to work for Reebok International were I was responsible for the technical development of men and women's branded apparel.
(2) Why did you start Spoiled Diva? I wanted to establish a brand of trendy and super cute handbags and accessories for the ultimate glamor goddess! We want our designs to be the conversation starter. After all, what better way to spice up the little black dress than with a super sexy handbag and earrings.
(3) Who is your target customer? Fashion forward women with an appreciation for original designs. What types of products do your carry? We design handbags, wristlets, clutches, earrings and bangles. Our handbags are a juxtapose mix of sassy fabrics ( we absolutely love animal prints) and glitzy trims like rhinestone chain links, beautiful glass beads, up-cycled leather, feathers and more! Our jewelry is an extension of our bags and are designed to be a compliment. We love, anything shiny and sparkly so expect to see lots of Austrian and Swarovski crystal, radiant beads, chain link and feathers.
|Blossom Hobo Bag from The Starlet Collection|
(4) What is the price range for your products? Wristlets $42.00, Clutches $60.00, Handbags, $79.00. Jewelry ranges in prices from $29 - $49. How can we shop with you? Spoiled Diva is available online at ONLINE on ETSY and at various trunk shows. Our next trunk show is Shecky's Girls Night Out on Nov 14 and 15 at the Biltmore Hotel in Atlanta come check us out! We also have several retail partners in various cities. Ooh La La Boutique in Atlanta GA, Ragz Design House in Kansas City, MO. and Fashionista's Boutique in Dallas TX. We're looking forward to adding lot's more boutiques!
(5) What sets you apart from other boutiques? Spoiled Diva is an original brand. In a world full of replication and knock-offs, Spoiled Diva is a breath of fresh air for those ladies who really want to stand out from the crowd. All of our designs are made individually, one at a time by hand. The craftsmanship is what mainly sets us apart from others. All stitching is neat and clean finished...we pay attention to the small details just like the larger luxury brands
|Spoiled Diva Trunk Show Display|
What do you think about Spoiled Diva? It's been a pleasure sharing my So Stylish friend with all of you! Be sure you send her your love on Facebook and follow her on Twitter too.